Hyderabad is not short of places to take your family out for a lovely outing. At times you wish more from the coming weekend and want to spend it outside the city! For those times, places around Hyderabad tend to pull you closer and provide a pretty escape from the usual routine.
Tours with family are loaded with fun, enthusiasm and laughter. Kids love when they are taken to trips to different places for a holiday. We have prepared a list of some memorable family weekend getaways from Hyderabad! Check out-
In case you are planning to slide from Hyderabad like some 80 km away, then you’re sure to be taken away by the serenity of this majestic place. Imagine clouds embracing the Ananthagiri Hills and sunlight illuminating the whole view. Such calmness itself melts all hearts to joy! Take your family away to this weekend trip from Hyderabad and captivate yourself!
- Distance from Hyderabad: 81 km
- Best time to visit Anantahgiri Hills: October to March
- Duration of travel: 1 hr 55 min via Chevella Road
Built in the 13th century, this fort is said to have a strong historical past. Other than the four major gates and 45 towers of the fort, the prevalent attraction of the place is Eturnagaram Wildlife Sanctuary. If you are travelling by your own conveyance, you can add a lot more fun and enjoyment to your outing by visiting forts and temples that come by your way. It’s a total delight to plan a weekend getaway from Hyderabad to this place.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 148 km
- Best time to visit Warangal: October to March
- Duration of travel: 3 hr 25 min via NH163
This magnificent Bidar fortress was once the capital of the Bahmanid Dynasty. Situated on top of the hill, it’s prominently famous as both a historical and a religious place. The beauty of the fort has been taken into account by film directors, and this place has often been part of the movies. If time allows you to extend this weekend trip from Hyderabad, then consider visiting the Bahamani Tomb, Narasimha Jhira Cave Temple, the Taraksh Mahal and the Rangeen Maha.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 145 km
- Best time to visit Bidar: October to February
- Duration of travel: 3 hr 10 min via NH65
Nagarjuna Sagar Dam
Nagarjuna Sagar Dam is the tallest masonry dam in the world. Built on Krishna river, it seems to be an island betwixt the reservoir. Predominantly Buddhist religious communities live in this area. Also, one of the most important Buddhist Historic site- Nagarjunakonda, is situated here. Your weekend getaway from Hyderabad to the dam would be incomplete in case you skip visiting Nagarjunakonda Buddhist Stupas! After all, this place is named after Nagarjuna- South Indian Buddhist master of the 2nd century.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 152 km
- Best time to visit Nagarjuna Sagar Dam: October to February
- Duration of travel: 3 hr 16 min via Nagarjuna Sagar Road
Finding a beautiful and picturesque location for your coming weekend trip from Hyderabad? Karimnagar has all heads up to welcome you. This place has numerous architectural spots to capture the ancient beauty. Besides this, the city is parallel to the Lower Manair Dam fabricating an eye-pleasing site to its visitors. With Shivaram Sanctuary and Elagandal Fort siding the city, makes it an ideal weekend holiday destination for families.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 164 km
- Best time to visit Karimnagar: August to February
- Duration of travel: 3 hr 20 min via Mancherial, Hyderabad
This former capital of Andra Pradesh is inhabited on the banks of Tungabadhra River. One of the significant attraction of this place is the Belum Caves. The ancient relics of the place intrigue the history buffs! While planning your weekend getaway from Hyderabad to Kurnool do consider visiting these places- Oravakallu Rock Garden and the Tomb of Abdul Wahab.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 219 km
- Best time to visit Kurnool: November to February
- Duration of travel: 3 hr 42 min via NH44
Up for just the perfect family weekend trip from Hyderabad? Parks, museums, monuments, caves and what not can you find on your tour to Guntur! However, the major attraction of the city is the Kondaveedu Fort. Also, visit the bird sanctuary to get a glimpse of the migrated birds. Spend your weekend in the most splendid way in this city.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 272 km
- Best time to visit Guntur: September to February
- Duration of travel: 5 hr 35min via NH65
You might be interested to check out these candlelight dinner packages in Hyderabad:
Escape the city and city life for a few days and spend some quality time with your family at this fantastic weekend getaway from Hyderabad! From trekking to multiple wildlife sanctuaries, this multi-cultural town is also popular for pilgrimage. Visitors may be nature lovers or adventure enthusiasts, this place welcomes all with a warm heart.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 303 km
- Best time to visit Adilabad: October to March
- Duration of travel: 5 hr 20 min via NH44
If you have a long weekend or have extra holidays clubbed to your weekend, then this can be your unforgettable outing from Hyderabad. Part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, this city has a rich history and is an adobe to numerous ancient monuments. Undoubtedly, it places itself amongst the best travelling spots in South India. Pay your visit to temples and alongside don’t forget to enjoy the mesmerising sunrise and sunset views from the Matanga Hills! The Hampi Bazaar Street is another place to explore on your visit.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 377 km
- Best time to visit Hampi: October to February
- Duration of travel: 8 hr 25 min via NH167
Known for its stone cut temples, Badami also has four sandstone cave temples for you to set your foot on. Tourists are cheerful to see monkeys flock in natural spaces. The beauty of this place can’t be imagined unless you see it for real! Make your weekend trip from Hyderabad unforgettable while exploring the ruins of the Chalukya Dynasty.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 425 km
- Best time to visit Badami: November to March
- Duration of travel: 9 hr 22 min via NH167
Have any other place that would suit the list? Do share it with us!
You might also like to read,